Beat the Burglar with an Orbit Security Smart Security System.
The average burglary only lasts 2 mins, this is a lot of time!
Securing your home isn’t as difficult as it sounds. The first step is to add an Monitored Intruder Alarm System. Alarm systems act as a deterrent, particularly if they are monitored.
It is important to be vigilant if going on holidays, especially if your home is unoccupied. Get a neighbour or friend to regularly check on your property, switching lights on and off. We can offer you packages for a smarter security system with smart lighting and other features to secure your home while your away.
Other than that, here are our top tips for nailing your home security:
- Ensure that all doors and windows have strong locks. This is especially important for patio doors, which are easy for burglars to access. The more time it takes to access your home, the less attractive it is to a burglar.
- Test your home security: lock yourself out of the house and try to get back in (without a key). If you can do it, then there is no doubt a burglar will be able to as well.
- If you are away overnight don’t forget to cancel deliveries like milk or newspapers.
- Keep your house as lit up as possible at night. Install lights near all outside entrances.
- If possible leave a car parked in the driveway, maybe ask a neighbour to park there while you are away.
- If you are out and about in the evening, leave a light or two on to make it look like someone is home. It’s also a good idea to leave a radio on.
- When you buy new appliances such as a flat screen TV, dispose of the packaging carefully. Don’t leave the box outside your house. You may as well put up a “rob me” sign.
- Don’t leave any valuables such as cash or jewellery lying around or hidden in obvious places. Make sure they are securely stored. Always take photos of valuable jewellery for insurance purposes. Ensure you have adequate insurance cover for valuables.
- Use of gravel on your driveway or pathways to your property can act as a deterrent to burglars.
- Keep hedges and shrubbery well clipped as they can act as a hiding place for thieves.